10.27.2013

“life is hard; it’s harder when you’re stupid.” – john wayne

ok everyone.
let’s take the dramatics down a notch, mmmkay?
tayte and i are still alive.
we are also still married and like each other.
{not that there was any doubt that would happen…but we did just clean all the my hair out of our drain and tayte almost didn’t make it. it was a close call.}
also our lives are slowing down a bit…well sorta.
but enough that i can give a quick update on what has been happening in our lives.
so the parentals came in town for general conference.
it was a hoot and a half to see them.
on saturday, during the priesthood session, mom, my friend nicole, and i rented a puppy.
it’s something we do in provo.
that is not a joke.
nicole and i just really wanted to play with a puppy.
no we really did.
here is proof:
penny
her name is penny.
penny3
she was the cutest little thing.
penny5
me, penny, nicole. we’re all pretty cute.
penny6
she wouldn’t stop laying like this. at one point she had her back legs crossed. totes presh.
penny7
and she only peed on my carpet 5 times.

now here’s the thing.
nicole and i are the greatest of friends.
we go to the temple together and get doughnuts together and she wraps presents for me and all in all we have a jolly good time together.
the other week she helped me cross something off my bucket list.
she helped me make…

…a lattice apple pie!
pie
we cut, cored, and peeled the apples…
pie1
and rolled out the dough and sliced it with the pizza cutter (that was a little rough. i don’t really wanna talk about it)
pie2
then i did the whole lattice thing. i was so proud of myself.
IMG_2842
and the finished product! (don’t mind that it’s a little brown. it was my first time. give me a break)
IMG_2847
i was so proud of myself.
{note: if you ever go to a divine comedy show, take your own glowsticks. best. idea. ever.}

well that’s all i’ve got.
our lives are great.
we’re happy.
and i’m counting down the days until we get to go to arizona for thanksgiving.
it’ll be a grand time.

note: the soda pictured below is the nastiest liquid ever created.

IMG_2846
and yes that is including… … …every nasty liquid on the planet.
not an exaggeration.

note #2: the full saying goes like this: “you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink—but you can sure salt the oats.” bet you didn’t know that.

note #3: sometimes if you have a really busy and productive weekend, you get a little bored and need to live on the wild side.
IMG_2849IMG_2851
we’re a little crazy.
we do what we can.

welp…big gulps, eh?
ta ta fellow earth dwellers.
until next time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HAHA this is the greatest post ever. I love that my name is in it... I'M FAMOUS!!!!!!!!! WAHOO!!!!!