4.08.2014

“if you can read this, thank a teacher.” – anonymous

so there i was, doing my student teaching, trying to get the children to not talk to their neighbor while i was talking, planning lessons, trying to show them the wonder and beauty that math is, and all of a sudden…
it was over.
my last day was on friday, i had my official exit interview with my professor yesterday, and i am home free.
i graduate in a couple weeks, and i have no academic responsibilities until then.
i have my To-Do list for this week, but i’m almost done with it already.
but here’s the thing.
i already miss it.
i miss this school:
20140404_15565320140404_155928
i miss this classroom, my home away from home:
20140404_15500220140404_155012
i miss {most of} my students.
i miss them making fun of my 3D (and 2D) shapes and my multiple failed attempts to pull down that dang projector screen.
i miss the awkward moments in first period when i crack jokes and it’s too early for them to laugh.
i miss the constant happiness {aka nonstop talking} in fourth period.
i miss the kids that come in at lunch and tell me stories.
i miss working with this girl every day:
20140404_163007
i miss all the laughs and good times we had.
i miss our mentor teacher, keith richards.
i miss his extremely dry sense of humor.
i miss the students telling me that they don’t think mr. richards likes them.
those students.
every day, they made me want to pull my hair out and yell, sometimes cry.
but they also made me laugh and incredibly happy.
i was nervous about student teaching because i had heard that a lot of people hated student teaching, that it was the worst experience.
for me, i don’t know if i can top it.
i absolutely loved it, and i would do it for the rest of the year if i could.
if i knew that i would teach those same kids every year until they graduated, i would be willing to stay in utah an extra year.
on our last day, some of the students made us a cake:
20140404_101950
we obviously didn’t take a picture quick enough, but it was tasty :)
i really am gonna miss those hooligans.

and you know, i think they’ll miss me too.
20140404_131644

1 comment:

Brigham said...

Oh, they bake you a cake, you eat it. I bake you a cake, you throw it away. Thanks, Tenery.