12.03.2011

“it is in the knowledge of the genuine conditions of our lives that we must draw our strength to live and our reasons for living.”–simone de beauvoir

so here’s the thing.
sometimes life gets a little crazy and a lot of things happen.
but i’m running around like a chicken with her head cut off, and blogging about it all is the last thing on my mind.
so here’s a quick update:

thanksgiving. amazing. it was a much needed break from school, the cold, and provo in general. tayte came home with me and really enjoyed arizona and my family. they liked him too thankfully (despite the tramp and bang incidents). i’m pretty sure my nephew will liked tayte more than he liked me. but that’s still a sore subject, so let’s not get too much into that…

engagements. no not mine, silly. three of my good friends got engaged, two to each other, one to someone else. my roommate brooke (she and i are the same person) and tayte’s roommate tyler (violin master) are getting married in march. bradley (lived with tayte and tyler over the summer—also a violin master) is getting married in june to a very lucky lady.

yeah that about sums up my life.
so i realized that i never did a thankful post.
life got a tad crazy and stressful.
but i figured i could just do it now.
better late than never right?

1. the gospel
i feel like sometimes i take the gospel for granted because it’s always been a part of my life. but lately, i’ve thought about the person i would be if i hadn’t grown up with it. i would be a completely different person, and i’m not sure i liked the person i could have been. i’m so grateful that i have the true gospel as part of my life, and for the way it has shaped me into the person i am today.

2. mi familia
photo
these are just my amazing sisters.
we didn’t take a group picture, or i would have posted that.
but going home for thanksgiving made me realize just how much my family means to me. i was quite sad that bret , naomi, and craig couldn’t be there, so the whole family wasn’t together. but it was still fun being around the people i love so much. i’m grateful for the amazing examples they all are to me, especially those ladies up there. i know everyone says this, but i mean it: i have the best family in the whole world.

3. the parentals
i am so grateful to have the parents i do. i miss them so much everyday, but i’m so grateful that they are out serving the Lord. they have blessed my life so much, and i’m grateful that they have decided to go out and help the Lord bless the lives of others.

4. tayte paul
photo (3)
i’m also incredibly grateful for this guy right here. he is one of my best friends and one of my favorite people on the planet. he’s so patient, caring, makes me feel secure, funny, smart, attwactive, goofy…and the list goes on. but he means the world to me, and i’m grateful to have him. plus, he can accidentally swear in front of my family and get away with it :)

5. the roomies
IMG_4655
{disregard dave’s head in the back}
these are 5 of my best friends in the whole world.
i know i’m not around them a whole lot, but i’m so grateful for friendship we share. i’m so grateful that i’ve had the past two years to rely on these girls. and i love that melinda has only been with us a year, but we feel like we’ve known her our whole lives. i’m so grateful for these 5 girls and how incredible each of them is.

6. being a 90s kid
this is real. please read this article. you will die laughing. then you’ll realize that you are grateful that you grew up in the 90s too.

7. youtube/hulu
there are so many precious gems on there. here’s a couple i came across recently.





also--i’m obsessed with the show “once upon a time.” i won’t apologize for that. so thank you hulu for aiding me with my addiction.

8. michael buble
his voice makes me melt like a popsicle on the fourth of july. here’s one of his christmas songs that i could listen to over and over and over and over…

…feel free to listen to that song again. don’t be ashamed :)

No comments: