10.12.2011

“time flies like an arrow. fruit flies like a banana.”–groucho marx

so about 2 and and a half weeks ago, i found myself studying hardcore for a dreaded math test.
{note: this was my week from down under. all my tests/papers that would be due were all due in this week. plus my parents were coming into town. i was just a tad stressed.}
but this particular saturday, i literally spent a total of almost 10 hours in the library.
i missed the general relief society broadcast.
i really wanted to go to it, but i stayed and studied instead.
feel free to judge me mercilessly.
the stress got the better of me.
but i don’t want to focus on how much i studied, or how i had a breakdown on the way home, or how tayte came and picked me up and let me kind of interrupt his boys’ night, or how the test actually went.
as soon as the broadcast was over, i started hearing things about forget-me-nots and president uchtdorf.
i figured it was an amazing talk, because, let’s be honest—president uchtdorf is the most amazing man.
and i had good intentions of reading it.
i’ve been meaning to do it.
so today, i found myself in the library again, trying to put off homework.
so i figured i’d read it.
yeah it was one of the most amazing talks i’ve ever read.
here’s a link to it.
if i could, i would have just posted the entire talk on here.
but i would highly encourage you to read it.
it really was phenomenal.
one of my favorite parts of the talk was when he talked about how we need to be happy now.
that’s something that’s been on my mind lately.
i love being happy for no reason.
but i never knew how hard it could be.
i’ve found myself getting randomly grumpy for no reason.
i hate being that way.
so i’ve made a resolve:
just be happy!
when i think about my life, i literally have no reason to not be happy.
i get to room with 5 of my best friends in the whole world.
i’m dating the greatest guy i could ever ask for.
i have the most amazing, supportive family.
i attend a great school.
i have les miserables on dvd.
i’m currently listening to a playlist of disney songs.
i could go on and on, but i won’t.
long story short, ”people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
well said, president lincoln.
while we’re on the topic, here’s a youtube video.

sorry this is a tad random and scatterbrained.
but regardless--life is great, is it not? :)

1 comment:

Rylee Tallulah said...

I appreciate this. We should be happy! We have so much to be grateful for :)